Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
About the Griffins Society
http://www.thegriffinssociety.org is a site operated by the Griffins Society ("we", "us", "Griffins", “society” or "our"). We are a registered charity no. 1034571 and a company limited by guarantee, registered in England and Wales no. 2892836.
Our registered office is Audit End, 260 Field End House, Eastcote, Middlesex HA4 9LT
ACCESSING OUR SITE
Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on our site without notice (see below). We will not be liable if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of our site, or our entire site, to users who are registered members with the society.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our site. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our site through your internet connection are aware of these terms, and that they comply with them.
If you have been issued with a user account to access restricted areas of the site, you must keep all login details secret and must not allow any other person or organisation to use these to access the site.
You must notify us immediately of any suspected or actual unauthorised use of your login details.
INFORMATION ABOUT YOU AND YOUR VISITS TO OUR SITE
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal reference and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to material posted on our site.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of material on our site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the materials on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
Griffins and the accompanying logo and all other Griffins names, logos or project names are our unregistered trademarks and/or other intellectual property of Griffins or third parties. You may not copy, use or reproduce these without our written consent.
RELIANCE ON INFORMATION POSTED
Commentary and other materials posted on our site are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. We do not guarantee that the information contained on our site is accurate, verified or complete. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any visitor to our site, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
We do not guarantee that the functions or materials accessible from or contained in the site will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that the site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or faults.
You are responsible for ensuring that your computer system meets all relevant technical specifications necessary to use the site and is compatible with the site. You are also responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and virus checks to satisfy your requirements.
OUR SITE CHANGES FAIRLY REGULARLY
We aim to update our site regularly, and may change the content at any time. If the need arises, we may suspend access to our site, or close it indefinitely. Any of the material on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
LINKING TO OUR SITE
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link from any website that is not owned by you.
Our site must not be framed on any other site. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. The website from which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in our ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY.
If you wish to make any use of material on our site other than that set out above, please address your request to email@example.com
LINKS FROM OUR SITE
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
In circumstances where you suffer loss or damage arising out of or in connection with the use of the site, we accept no liability for this loss or damage. To the extent permitted by law, we, other members of our group of companies and third parties connected to us hereby expressly exclude:
• All conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
• Any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our site or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our site, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including, without limitation any liability for:
• loss of income or revenue;
• loss of business;
• loss of profits or contracts;
• loss of anticipated savings;
• loss of data;
• loss of goodwill;
• wasted management or office time; and
• any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
Notwithstanding the above, if we are liable to you for any reason, our liability will be limited to £200. This limit does not apply to any liability we may have for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or from our fraudulent misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter.
VIRUSES, HACKING AND OTHER OFFENCES
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
By breaching this provision, you may commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of any breach of this provision, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
JURISDICTION AND APPLICABLE LAW
These Terms and use of this site shall be governed by English law. All claims or disputes arising out of or in connection with this site shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England. However, Griffins shall have the right to commence and prosecute any legal or equitable action or proceeding before any court of competent jurisdiction to obtain injunctive and other relief in respect of the infringement of intellectual property rights.
Griffins reserves the right to change these Terms at any time. Please check these Terms on a regular basis for changes. Your continued use of the site after changes are posted will mean you accept the Terms as modified by the posted changes.
If you have any concerns about material which appears on our site, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for visiting our site.
ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
This acceptable use policy sets out the terms between you and us under which you may access our website http://thegriffinssociety.org (our site). This acceptable use policy applies to all users of, and visitors to, our site.
Your use of our site means that you accept, and agree to abide by, all the policies in this acceptable use policy, which supplement our terms of website use.
We may from time to time provide interactive services on our site, including, without limitation, blogs, comment facilities and bulletin boards.
Our community guidelines are here to support you and remind community members of the most appropriate ways to engage with each other. The aim is to guide anyone using the community to have an enjoyable and rewarding time.
The community is distinguished by a few guiding principles, which set out your rights and responsibilities:
• You are encouraged to use your real name so other users know who you are
• You own your user profile. This means that you can add or remove your personal details at any time and control who sees what
• You stand by what you write. This means that you are wholly responsible and liable for everything you choose to discuss on our website, and in your comments to blog posts.
• We do not check or pre-moderate your content. This means we do not check posts, comments and other material posted by you before they are published, and therefore we are not liable in accordance with the terms of website use and acceptable use policy. But if we do spot any material that does not comply with our acceptable use policy or these community guidelines we will remove it as soon as practically possible.
Please let us know immediately if you believe any provision of this acceptable use policy has been broken or if you have any other concerns about material posted to the site. Contact us at email@example.com.
These content standards apply to any and all material that you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
• Be accurate (where they state facts).
• Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
• Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
• Contain any material that is defamatory of any person.
• Contain any material that is misleading or unreliable.
• Contain any material that is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
• Promote sexually explicit material.
• Promote violence.
• Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
• Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
• Be likely to deceive any person.
• Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
• Promote any illegal activity.
• Be threatening, abusive or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
• Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass alarm or annoy any other person.
• Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
• Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
• Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
SUSPENSION AND TERMINATION
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of this acceptable use policy through your use of our site. When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
Failure to comply with this acceptable use policy constitutes a material breach of the terms upon which you are permitted to use our site, and may result in our taking all or any of the following actions:
• Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site.
• Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our site.
• Issue of a warning to you.
• Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs on a solicitor and client basis) resulting from the breach.
• Further legal action against you.
• Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
CHANGES TO THE ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
We may revise this acceptable use policy at any time by amending this page. Please check this policy on a regular basis for changes. Your continued use of the site after changes are posted will mean you accept the policy as modified by the posted changes.
The Griffins Society ("we", "us", "Griffins”, “Society" or "our") is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Griffins of 27 Tooting Bec Gardens, London SW16 1QY
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
• Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.thegriffinssociety.org (our site). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site as a Fellow or Supervisor. We may also ask you for information if you report a problem with our site.
• Information or material that you post or contribute to our site.
• If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
• To maintain our organisational records.
• To provide you with information concerning the Griffins Society or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
• To allow you to participate in (future) interactive features of our service and website, when you choose to do so.
• To notify you about changes to our service.
We may communicate with you by email, telephone, letter or other reasonable means with updates and information about goods and services we believe may be of interest to you.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We will not disclose your information to any third party.
If you no longer wish to be contacted by the Griffins Society, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
with the word ‘Unsubscribe’ in the email subject.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.